Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went to your store at Mullanphy and Chackelford in Florissant to return 2items that totaled about $8.50. Your manager gave me a gift card which was fine.

I went to spend it and it was invalid. She says it wasn't the one she gave me. I never left the store so what could I have done with it. She says I traded it.

She told me to leave. It was $8.50. I dont understand how she can say this with nothing to back it up with. What scam is there to gain from a $8.50 gifr card.

I fold her she could search me and she refused. A she had to do was render the other card invalid and issue me my due card. She treated me harshly and now I will take my business to another store and never shop at Dollar General again. Its not about a measly 8.50 its about her accusations against me.

If 8.50 was worth the many dollars I do spend at your store worth this, then so be it. I actually was returning for a elderly woman that can't make it to the store herself. After I explained what your manager did she also will not shop Dollar General. This was embarrassing.

Your manager could have done more to help a good customer.

So never will I come back. Respectfully, Robert

Product or Service Mentioned: Family Dollar Manager.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 15, 2017.

Comments

Everyone's a "good customer". LOL

If your issue as you state in your complaint is with Dollar General then why complain on a family Dollar complaint site

I am sure they've seen your trick pulled 100 times. Likely why they issue gift cards instead of cash.

They can quickly detect the B.S. that tries to get pulled. Sure, you only tried to get $8.50 of free stuff. Even with that, it adds up over time.

Let's just say only one person tried to pull a prank like yours a day (we know the type of crowd that store invites, but that's another story.) That's $70k a day the company loses. So, while you may be upset that the manager stopped you from pulling a fast one because it was "only $8.50," hopefully even you are smart enough to realize that the manager was in the right.