1.4K views

I WAS AT FAMILY DOLLAR SHOPPING WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AS SHE HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. THE EMPLOYEE SAID NO PUBLIC BATHROOM HERE BUT YOU CAN GO TO THE GAS STATION NEXT DOOR.....WHY WOULD I GO NEXT DOOR I DIDNT BUY ANYTHING AT THAT STORE WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO TAKE MY KID SOMEWHERE ELSE TO USE THE BATHROOM?

DO YOU MAKE YOUR EMPLOYEES GO NEXT DOOR TO USE THE BATHROOM? I ALMOST TOLD HER TO TAKE THE PRODUCTS I BOUGHT AND I WILL GO ELSE WHERE.I SPENT ALMOST 50.00 I KNOW I WILL NOT STEP FOOT BACK IN THIS STORE.OR ANY OTHER FAMILY DOLLAR AGAIN.

Comments

I was too I have a 75 year old mother with a kidney problem I say boycott family dollar

Family Dollar should Porta Potties in front of it's stores and have a big sign telling customers that if they need to use the restroom to please do it now before they enter the store. They could hire Illegal immigrants to clean them out for a dollar an hour.

Same! Told her was that she lost a customer.

Same reason here, I won't go back into a Family Dollar store again cause there is not public restroom. It's ridiculous!!

Why is not no public bathroom in family dollar ,if we the public keeping there business open , we should be aloud to use there facilities there.

Ig this ever happens to anyone just nention ally's law. They are legally reuired to let you use the facilities if you have certain medical conditions.

Have them look it up, they cannot say no. I thinks its horrible the people think its a privilage to use the restroom at a store i am spending money at. If you dont want things stolen it sucks that we live in the world we do, but have a place to lock them up, or dont bring them into the store. Either way, the company is nothing without the custom and this is 2018 where big name companies of the past mean nothing for the future.

Any company can go backrupt, dont take care of your customers. We wont take care of you.

to Selena #1459629

Um interesting statement " if we don't want anything stolen then lock it up"...um lady if you could answer this question for me, How in the *** do u lock up a loading dock?? Um you cant!!!

I can assure u that trying to lock up a whole warehouse filled with machinery such as; balers, compactors, forklifts. And not to even mention the tons and tons of freight merchandise that is loaded and unloaded on a weekly basis is safe to say that you can't do that and is simply just impossible to do!!!...that statement was disgustingly dumb and ignorant!!!

to Selena #1500384

I just looked them at law up and in order for it to be enforced the@ customer “ has to show documentation’s n of a considered medical condition so no docs then no using the restroom , get your facts straight

BATHROOMS are a PRIVILAGE!!! NOT mandatory!!!

Guess what, if their bosses tell them that due to theft and the costs of repairing a PUBLIC RESTROOM is too much then they MUST follow the directions from their bosses!!! WHY do you ppl ALWAYS turn it into a PERSONAL ISSUE!!!! If a business doesnt have a PUBLIC RESTROOM then DEAL WITH IT!!!! Its THEIR business, its THEIR building, its THEIR costs.

YOU steal a small item and flush the packaging and NOW that place has to PAY a plumber to fix what YOU did. YOURE not going to. YOU PEOPLE turn public restrooms into your personal space. THINKING that just because YOU are there that somehow ALLOWS you to steal from an employees purse or locker.

That YOU get to STEAL something because no one is watching you IN the bathroom. See the problem?? YOU THE CONSUMER have caused this. SO THEY dont want to have to call out a PROFESSIONAL and SKILLED labor to fix the problems YOU cause.

THATS THEIR RIGHT!!!!! For YOU to admonish and complain because YOU cant use their PRIVATE restroom is just YOU being a self entitled *** Grow up!!!! There are plenty of PUBLIC RESTROOMS you can use nearby. To throw a fit because YOU cant p!ss in their toilet just makes YOU look as immature as the child YOU are dragging around.

If YOU PERSONALLY havent had to deal with the MESS that customers make and EXPECT you to clean up then YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO WHINE!!!!! There is NOTHING worse then having to clean up after YOU PEOPLE!!! YOU have NO RESPECT for other peoples property OR their rights. YOU seem to think its perfectly ok to overload a toilet and when it floods, YOU run away and DONT TELL ANYONE!!!!

So IF your child needs to relieve themselves TAKE THEM TO A PUBLIC RESTROOM!!!! FD normally only has a few ppl working at any one time and a buttload of work to do in the time frame they are there. Should they REALLY have to spend any where from 10-60 mins cleaning the mess YOU make?? That is a WASTE OF TIME!!!!

Time better spent getting YOU checked out. NOT cleaning up the *** mess left behind by unfeeling and uncaring mouthbreathers who think of ONLY themselves.

We are here to serve but we are NOT servants. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!

to Anonymous #1335054

Well I worked for this company I am now a senior citizen.Not all people are bad people.

Unless you are in this situation yourself you will never see the other side of the coin.I would not do this myself..let's face it some consumers prefer not to Patton your facilities.I feel sorry for you because someday you may find yourself cleaning up a mess off your store floor!Someday soon you or me won't have to worry cause online shopping from the comfort of our own homes will be a reality and "public" retail will be gone forever....

to Anonymous #1374713

Your a *** idiot! If you go to any store dumb ***! It's not privilege it's a responsibility for any cooperation to provide adequate and or reasonable accommodation for its employees and customers.

to Anonymous #1464515

Your a {{Redacted}}!!!! I have a disability Multiple scelrosis do you know what that is ???

Do you know how it feels to have a disability ???

No I didn't think so.. I hope you get fired for your digusting ignorant comment ...

to Anonymous #1650065

I hope it happens to you.

If people would be courteous and not stop up the toilet there would be a bathroom! It costs alot to have them fixed

I worked at a store that did not have public restroom. It was one unisex bathroom for the employees to share and in that bathroom we placed our personal items and overstock.

Every time an exception was made to the NO PUBLIC BATHROOM policy, someone would have a phone or wallet stolen and stock would come up missing. It got the point where when people threatened they would not come back if we did not give in to their bullying to the use our restroom, we, the employees, breathed a sigh of relief and said "Thank you"!

to Anonymous #1666098

You're very much welcome.

Beltsville, Maryland, United States #1252675

The Sam just happened to me

to Anonymous #1666103

The John just happened to me.

I think it's awful that a child Can not use the restroom in a Family Dollar Store. I was shopping with my grandson and he had to use the restroom.There were no gas station nearby.The Bowling Alley by them had not open up, so they had to go in the barber shop.

This store location is on Besseer SUPER Highway.Store # 101109. I think there should be restrooms,especially for emergencies.

If they have no washroom, what do you want them to do? It is your job as a parent to make sure she went before you left the house.