Dallas, North Carolina
3.0

Store manager Moraine of the newly opened Dallas store #11025 followed my family and myself around the store checking a hair dye box after we put it back on the shelf.After following each of my two groups, my wife, sister-in-law, and 3 month old daughter as a group and me and my brother as another, we felt uncomfortable and proceeded to head to check out.

She then came unglued accusing my brother of stealing a can of axe he had sprayed to see if he liked the fragrance. She stated that three people had ben caught stealing today, as she stood there arms crossed with the most hateful look anyone has ever given me. Even if that's the truth I have never been profiled openly and as rudely as she had, and I don't feel my wife deserved to be talked down to like someone would there dog. I feel as though she thought we were thieves from the second she laid eyes upon us due to the fact my brother dresses in an urban fashion, backwards hat and sagging pants.

I work for the Waffle House so I know how customer service works. I would lose my job for asking someone to pay before they ate, its rude and you don't treat people like that. My wife had seventy dollars for us to shop with but we only spent $7.37.

I hope for your company's sake that Moraine is either fired, what I feel she deserves for socially profiling my hard working family, or at least you re-train her.Thank you for the time as my discount store of choice, but from now on Dollar Store will be where I spend my hard earned dollars.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of rude profiling manager. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of staff and associated monetary loss in the amount of $7. Family Dollar needs to "moraine fired or im contacting a lawyer" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned staff in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Family Dollar.

Had an Experience with Family Dollar?

Comments

I was in the store that day and Maureen wasn't doing anything that she should not be doing.I overheard the customers above speak of stealing and then speak of leaving the store because she was doing her job protecting hard working customers like myself.

These customers, (I recognize them from Stanley) have been in trouble at other area stores for shoplifting before.Maureen has never given me but excellent customer service and a clean store.