3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I went in to family dollar store #3147 I believe.Its located on black river blvd in rome ny.

I was getting laundry detergent. The Xtra detergent had tag in front of item that said was$6 now $4.75. I immediately was interested. I went to cash out and salesclerk couldnt get it to work.

He then noticed in small print (of course) that it was the sale from last week. I honestly didnt notice it and dont think about it not being on sale still b/c I wouldnt expect the sale ticket to still be showing. He said he cant over ride it. I asked for a manager bc i wanted the soap for that price that was on it.

The mngr came and tried but it didnt work he said why isnt this going through? The clerk informed him of the date. I explained that the sale sign was clearly up in front of the soap and that was one of two left which made me realize they were gone due to the sale. He quickly refused to honor the sale price and continues to ask how im going to pay.

He said we cannot physically over ride it. I said I will purchase at the sale price thats false advertisement, I work in retail and would never deny a customer if I made the mistake of leaving the sale sticker up. I am very disappointed as to how I was treated by that manager. Was it worth losing my business for the measily $1.25.

It was the point of me coming in for a sale and was refused it.

I have never written a bad comment about a store or person ever.I was so highly upset with how I was treated in this instance that I had to make it known to your office that manager is not an asset to the company if anything its a negative attribute.

Review about: Xtra Laundry Laundry Detergent.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Family Dollar?

Comments

Legally they don't have to honor it if it's an expired tag

In your complaint you state you went In to buy laundry detergent.Then you see a sale sign and decide to get that product.

Then later on in your complaint you state that you went in for the sale. Which is it ?

You had no intentions of getting that particular laundry soap until you seen the sale sign.So for placing a false complaint then you shouldn't get it

for the sale price when you file a false complaint .

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #1338002

How is it false advertisement if there was a date on the sticker?

The sale was over.They don't have to honor it just cause you want it.

Hells bells I want gas for a $1.00 a gallon.But I've moved on and understand that was in the 80s - not now.

to Anonymous #1338836

The sign was still up I work in the business I totally would've gave the discount if I had left the sign up.We are told to do so.

If I noticed the date I wouldn't have brought up but it was so small I didn't. I just know I always take care of customer.

Obviously its not just oh I want it for a $1.Doesn't relate to you gas analogy.