I'm a 54 year male, who has worked since he was 17.I battled a drug , and alcohol problem for many years, but always maintained my job!

I was arrested for a crime I admitted to, and served 5 years for it, getting the help I needed! I am not proud of what I did, but not ashamed to say that it saved my life! I just want a chance to prove myself, and show I'm a better person for it! Unfortunately we have a little problem called discrimination!

At my age, I could work most employees under the table! Everybody deserves a second chance! Too bad the Family Dollar company, and many others like them, don't feel the same way! Which is why the unemployment rate is the way it is!

People like me have more to prove to society than anyone else! But only if we're given the chance!

I speak for everyone in my position!!!!!Thank you!

Had an Experience with Family Dollar?

Comments

Well, mistakes we've made in the past come back to haunt us in the future.It's commendable you've atoned and reformed, but try somewhere else.

Why not take some courses and aim higher? I have a friend who is your age and took HVAC courses.

Makes $25/hr.A lot better than working as a clerk at the dollar store, if you ask me.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Don't do it!

nikalseyn

The mistakes you make when young follow you for the rest of your life.A retail store like Family Dollar is not going to take a chance on a convicted felon---too much temptation for pilferage of stock and money from the registers.

Try a line of work that entails manual labor.

There are many construction jobs in North Dakota right now.The place is booming.