Verified Reviewer

I went to the Family Dollar at 2200 Deer Creek Commerce Ln, Davenport, FL 33837.

I had bought, at another location, a couple toys for a game at a birthday party. Due to Covid19 and a death in their family they had to cancel the party.

I went to return or exchange the items because they are nerf guns and I had no use for them anymore. At first they insisted I must return at the location I bought it from. I was shocked and requested proof of that. They could not prove it but I could prove that it could be returned anywhere.

Then the supposed manager Morgan ( according to her nametag) realized i was past the apparent 30 days and was giddy to inform me it can't be returned. I again asked where is that policy. She said online. You seriously don't have that on your receipt for customers and she claimed they put one on the registers but I never saw any.

She was rude, she called her manager ( supposedly someone named Peggy) and didn't specify it was only a couple days over the 30 but made it seem like months. She made a big production of saying don't hang up cause she couldn't handle this so why is she a manager if she can't even handle something so trivial. The cashier whom i was dealing with before Morgan stepped in was speaking in Spanish to another worker. They must not have realized I speak it as well.

The other worker was not on the clock she was just shopping and asked the other one what was going on. When she told her she said well she needs to move so she walks to the counter and says EXCUSE ME! and bumps we away. I stepped back because my items and receipt are still on the counter so I wasn't going to leave them.

She goes to exchange an item she claims was open and again bumps me out of her way. Meanwhile Morgan is being dramatic on the phone that she had a line and couldn't handle printing out the return policy. I have never encountered such bad customer service with such rude and obviously untrained employees.

Without a printed on receipt and visible return policy your employees should do better at handling these things especially in these difficult times. I would like someone to contact me and help me resolve my return and how i was treated.

User's recommendation: Do not frequent this location.

Preferred solution: Allow me to return my items and better customer service.

Location: 2200 Deer Creek Commerce Ln, Davenport, FL 33837