Store mgr refused to ring up my items because I respectfully asked if they were short staffed due to store being extremely hard to navigate due to many carts and boxes blocking isles and also store being very dirty. I was not rude and my comment was immediately met with anger from the mgr who then proceeded to place my items behind counter and not ring up the sale.

When I originally entered the store there were no shopping carts, not one...so I asked an employee and he suggested I wait for the one that another customer had at the checkout...no word from the nearby mgr or apologies for no carts. I asked if there was only one cart in the store, and was given no reply. Once I was able to get the only cart in the store apparently, it was very hard to shop due to the many many boxes and carts blocking isles, needless to say I was frustrated while I shopped but did not approach employee or mgr about my frustration. When I got to check out I then asked it they were short of staff, and mgr replied no.

I then said it appeared they were since store was disorganized and dirty, She said they just got a truck in and that she did not have to listen to me anymore, She then put all of my items behind the counter and told me I could leave...I tried to explain to her that I was only making an observation and I felt it unfair to her to have to be mgr of a store so neglected, and as a customer thought my input would be valuable, but she would not let me talk. She also said that I was making "snarky" comments all during my shopping, which I was not...unless an occasional sigh trying to manuever isles is considered snarky. This was an Instacart shopping order, so I had to leave the store without fulfilling the customer's order. Not only did my customer not receive her order, but I lost pay due to this incident.

Now having said all of this, I want to reiterate how horribly filthy this store is.

This is not the first time I have had a bad experience with this particular location. It was not just a little dust, but looked like months worth of dirt and grime collected on shelving. I understand that a delivery had just been made, but every isle was hard to approach and manuvering around the store was very difficult.

There is another Family Dollar in this same area, which is always clean and organized.

Our community deserves the same shopping experience at all locations.

More importantly, the very rude and poor customer service (or lack thereof) that I received was inexcusable, ESPECIALLY from a store mgr, who should be trained on how to address issues and listen to customer concerns, especially when those concerns are presented in a respectful manner. Thank you for your time, and I hope these issues can be addressed.

User's recommendation: this is the location at 1415Garden Street Titusville FL.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 1415 Garden Street, Titusville, FL 32796