7.7K views

first complaint

Family dollars do not care about their employees. they have store managers working from 50-90 hours a week with no extra pay. that takes away hours from asst. mgrs and cashiers. most asst. mgr only work 28-32 hours at a rate of 9.00-10.00 an hour. most cashiers are 0-22 hours at a pay rate of 8.25 an hour.

no one has received a raise, unless you are having relations with the DM or PM. No one gets paid sick days or holidays. vacation days are a joke because you only get 10-24 hours worth of vacation hours for management. what can you honestly do with that?

The amount of work Family dollar asked their employees to do is outrageous. they expect one person to do the work of three people and barely get paid to do the job of one.

they cut hours from stores especially during the holiday seasons. and they also dont pay employees for holidays except on easter.

Customers come in the store and MAKE BIG MESSES IN THE STORE. YOU ALL NEED TO STOP DOING THAT. IT IS RUDE AND IT ADDS TO STRESSING THE CUSTOMER. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN THE *** UP. STOP LETTING YOUR KIDS RUN FREELY IN THE STORE. ITS NOT A PLAYGROUND. IF YOU DROP SOMETHING BE COURTEOUS AND PICK IT UP. its MY JOB TO BE THERE BUT NOT AS YOUR MAID.

upper management does too much plotting to get people fired instead of working together to make the work environment cheerful.

pay your employees, give them hours, raises, budget increases, give them holiday pay for ALL holidays, sick days. without the little people Pm all the way up wouldnt have their nice raises and healthy salaries.

Comments

yeah its really sad that they make us work christmas and thanksgiving not to mention during a tropical storm and hurricane becuz they care more about making money then they do us ... wish i could afford to quit but sadly cant .

The information is much needed, for anyone who may be looking to apply for employment with this company.

Family dollar medford WISCONSIN is nasty

Been working for this company since a little before Christmas of last year. At first I really enjoyed it.

I truly did. But since my old Manager left, and the new one came in...not so much. My mental illnesses have gotten worse since being here to the point I had a full blown attack at the register and was crying from being over stressed, overwhelmed and anxious. While the hours can be very tiring, the only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to wait for the next shift to decide to show up to leave.

We're not supposed to get overtime where I work, but the DM had me come in to another store on my off day (I loved that store though).

With little breaks, the intensity of the amount of customers at a high volume store and feeling like the management doesn't care about your health mentally or physically, I regret to say that I'm not sure if this is the job for me. It helps pay on some of the bills, and I love some of my coworkers, but is it worth it?

h.kitchener

Bottom line for all you complaining: if you don't like working at Family Dollar---or anywhere else---then quit and find another job. This is not rocket science.

to h.kitchener #1444219

And some of us tried applying at multiple other jobs, but only they called back. Sometimes people take the job because of the location or they really need money.

Me too. Applied to Family Dollar for a Store ManAger's position.

Was told by the DMV that there was no Manager position available so he talked me into accepting an Assistant Managert position and then the the market go into the Manager's training program and as soon as a Manager position is available after my trading program or progrhe would promote. I asked him to have another Manager sit at the table so he can be witness to his proposal . He called another Manager , explained his commitment to me. I accepted.After the completion of the Manager training program while working as an Assistant Manager I was placed at two different stores within a 5 months period, no performance evaluation done, no conversation with the DM about my the next step for me and only when I called him was there any slight changes discussion on the condition for my employment.

After no less than 4 meetings about my promotion, he took me away from the larger stores I was working, transfer me to a smaller store and to make it short, a goose was cooked up against me and I was terminated for violation company policy....a violation which is the standArd operating policy at each store each day and that is the way I was trained.

Appealing my unjust termination and Opening up ugh door for discrimation charges........there is much more to this.

Note in district covered by this DM there is 17 White managers and one black Manager. The DM lacks objectivity and like all those who carries news to him.....totally unprofessional.

Montpelier, Ohio, United States #1347587

I am a part time cashier at 1175, it has been the worth job experience of my life. And I actually was a hotel maid.

This store, i have been giving my all to here in montpelier, ohio. I never miss work, because though I get sick. My managers don't care, i am literally unable to call off, due to the unprofessional nature of my bosses who will not answer their phones to allow me to even speak.

I am one of 5 employees at that store, i have been there a year. Work as much hours as my full time managers, and somehow I am part time.

I've come to the conclusion, they won't give me managers position or call me full time because they do not want to spend more money.

Now, i am a very sweet person, i am perfect for retail work. I can keep calm through a lot, but family dollar has made me cynical.

Until people stop shopping and working for these rat holes - they will continue to grow. Which is unfortunate because at their current rate - they don't deserve it.

to Anonymous #1463461

I totally agree!!

Dallas, Texas, United States #1304951

If I had know this place was a friggin joke to work for would have never applied, the most ungrateful people to work for they are all about slave driving at a no nonsense pay. REALLY hope all your store get closed when people find out and don't want to work for this so called company

to Ronnie #1330356

Theres always Wal Mart!! But, they dont hire everyone that applies either. Just sayin'

And if you do get vacation or sick days DM. Makes you use those days and show up to work their excuse that we are on salary...

I work for Family Dollar in Virginia and They told me since we will be take over by Dollar Tree that when I have been working there for 6 months I will receiver a rise and when the 6 month mark hit I asked about it and they looked at me like I was crazy and the manager said she had to check with "HR". When I finale here back from her and she said that since we are under new management through Dollar Tree the Raises are no longer in effect....

So witch one is it, I just feel like I have been feed a whole bunch of lies just so I can come in to work for the store manager when she needed me to come in for her grandsons birthday, ever since then I felt like all they want to do is use me and if she didn't want to keep having her Saturdays and Sunday off she would fire me.

They used to have me on they Schedule for at least 19 or 20 hours lately its just been 5 what the *** am I supposed to do with 5 Hours.

Family dollar us a joke. U work very hard with no raises but they want one person to Do the job of 4 people.

U complain. U get fired

Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States #1122444

all that is true. they have one employee during the day and 2 at night and they expect that one person to push freight and rig the register.

and i have to come in on my days off the try to play catch up the day or 2 before truck. dm and pm dont care about anyone just them selves.

#1120336

Took the words right out of my mouth. .

i just started fee days ago, I look on the schedule and see the MANAGER gets 52hrs she comes to work at 4am WTF at 4am tho..

GETTING OVER BIG TIME... im only working 26hrs, its not FAIR and FAMILY DOLLAR SUPPOSE TO BE EOE BUT ITS NOT, its a cool store to shop at but to work here is awful and ***..

to Anonymous #1122552

Managers don't get OT.

to Anonymous #1197415

Managers are required to work 52 hours minimum. Sometimes we do 70 or 80 with no overtime. Yeah getting over big time.

#1119290

I was working 30-40 hours covering for people not showing up. I've never been late and go in almost everyday off.

But because of other employees they cut my hours down to 12. Who can pay bills with 12 hours??

And all of the African American employees are still getting five days a week. It just isn't right