Clarkton, North Carolina
3.0
Layout of Store

My husband went in the family dollar in Clarkton, NC to buy laundry detergent. We usually shop in this store at least twice a week. To make a long story short, my husband picked up the largest bottle of Tide to purchase and dropped it. A small amount spilled out and he was scared he would have to pay for this damaged one, along with an undamaged one. As he was trying to clean the spill, an associate approached him and accused him of stealing. She asked him to turn out his pockets and said some rude statements in front of several other customers. I would love to know how my husband could fit a 6 pound tub of detergent in his pockets!!!What really disturbs me about this situation is the attitude that I received when I went in the store tonight. The same associate that accused my husband of stealing approached me and told me that he tried to steal laundry detergent and was no longer allowed in the store. She knew I needed to make a purchase and ignored the fact that I was waiting at the checkout counter.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of rude attitude and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of family dollar customer care. Family Dollar needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned family dollar customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Family Dollar.

Comments

He was probably dumping one into the other, since they do not fill them up all th way, so he took one off the shelf to fill up the one he was going to buy. Also, technically that is stesling laundry soap.

He most likely does this often or they caught him on camera before and expected him to donit this time to. Also, they do not think he stuck a large thing of laundry soap in his pockets.

Many people take smaller things and stick them in their pockets or purses in other parts of the store they think there are no cameras. Tell your husband to stop doing the shy stuff he does and he won't have to be "scared"

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Fairfield, California, United States #1146916

I agree, she was not in the store with her husband so she had no idea what he was doing. Just too trusting.